Terms and Conditions of Use
Please see the following resources for more information regarding Cypress Design Co.’s design process:
1. 50% deposit required to activate order. The balance of your entire order is due upon our receipt of merchandise. We will gladly house all material until project begins, however, there will be a $100 per week fee applied to your balance if not paid in full upon your receipt of invoice.
2. The balance of your entire order for any installed products (countertops, shower doors, closet systems, etc.) is due before an installation date can be scheduled.
3. If paying with a credit card, a 3% processing fee will be assessed.
4. All merchandise is considered “Special Order” and not subject to cancellation and/or return.
5. All sales are final.
6. Any and all excess materials are non-refundable.
7. Availability of merchandise is estimated according to information on hand at time order is written.
8. The date of actual availability may vary from this proposal and buyer agrees that changes in availability will not invalidate this order.
9. Seller is not responsible for variations in natural products, including (but not limited to) wood and stone.
10. Seller makes no warranties beyond the written description of the merchandise on this proposal unless otherwise stated by seller in writing.
11. All materials must be inspected with 72 hours of delivery to job site in order to ensure prompt replacement of damaged or mis-ordered materials. Cypress Design Co. is not responsible for any delay in installation and/or any re-installation of materials. This also includes back-ordered items.
12. This disclaimer does not affect manufacturer’s warranties.
13. Prices are valid only for items listed on this proposal.
14. Prices are valid for 10 days from the date of this proposal.
15. All product measurements are nominal.
16. Any deviation from the provided floor plan may result in additional charges.
17. Any materials delivered to Cypress Design Co. from manufacturer that is damaged or mis-ordered will be replaced in a timely manner from the manufacturer. Cypress Design Co. is not responsible for delay in installation and/or any re-installation of materials. This also includes back-ordered items.
18. Certain Lazy Susans, corner cabinets, trash cabinets, etc. may require field modification. This service is not provided by Cypress Design Co.
19. If size of windows or door casings change after design is approved, it is the responsibility of the installer/contractor and/or homeowner to provide specifications.
20. Cypress Design Co. is not responsible for installer’s back-charges of any kind without prior written approval.
21. Cypress Design Co. is not responsible for the removal of any debris or packaging. Installer/contractor or homeowner to provide.
22. Prices do not include any installation of any materials unless otherwise specified on proposal.
23. Custom countertops, custom glass shower enclosures, custom mirrors, custom closets, etc. have an expected lead time of 10-14 business days from template to installation.
24. Installer/Contractor and homeowner are recommended to be on site for any and all template and installations for verification.
25. Installer/Contractor is responsible to field verify all plans and measurements provided by Cypress Design Co. before demolition, after demolition, before finish framing, before cabinetry and/or any other products provided are installed.
26. No materials will be scheduled for delivery or installation until balance is paid in full.
27. Deliveries are made on Saturday mornings, other days will require special request. Delivery is to first floor only, unless otherwise specified. There will be a 4 hour window for delivery and when possible, will call ½ hour before delivery. If customer/contractor is not home at time of delivery, $200 re-delivery fee will apply. If any cabinets require knock-down and re-assembly for delivery, this may void manufacturer’s warranty. Any customer who wishes to pick-up their own material will be responsible for scheduling pick-up time and will not receive assistance from Cypress Design Co. staff. There is not a full-time warehouse employee on staff and designers are not permitted to load and unload trucks.
28. If payment is made with a check that is returned for insufficient funds or a stop payment, you shall be responsible for the actual bank fee and an administrative fee of $50 in addition to reasonable attorney’s fees if the payment is not made by cash, money order or certified check within 48 hours.
29. Any cancellation of payment via credit card without notifying Cypress Design Co. will be considered a breach of contract and you shall be liable for goods including reasonable attorney’s fees.
30. Please note that Cypress Design Co.’s corporate filings are within the State of Rhode Island only. Therefore, if goods purchased from Cypress Design Co. have a final landing place outside of Rhode Island, the sales tax will need to be filed directly by the purchaser in their home state.
31. We highly recommend that no installation begins until appliances (or appliance specification sheets) have been provided.
32. Items not listed on this proposal are not part of Cypress Design Co.’s scope of work and are the responsibility of the homeowner and/or contractor.
33. All designs and dimensions are the property of Cypress Design Co. and will not be released without payment.
34. Cypress Design Co. is not responsible for any discrepancies that occur if materials are installed prior to field verification
35. Install/Contractor is responsible for following all applicable local and international building codes and obtaining all applicable permits.
36. Painted Wood Cabinets Disclosure: Please be aware that wood expands and contracts. This natural process, occurring on painted cabinetry will create open joints in the painted finish. An open joint line is not considered a defect and it is widely accepted in the kitchen cabinet industry. The finish will still protect the surface, and the structural integrity of the joint will not be affected. Wood may expand and contract differently from cabinet to cabinet; even joints within the same cabinet may behave differently. Some joined wood may not show any joint lines, others may be slightly visible, while others may display easily visible joint lines. Joint lines also may occur to the repeated impacts from normal everyday use. An exposed open wood joint can be damaged from prolonged exposure to water or heavy moisture. Therefore, wipe off any excess moisture from cabinet surfaces as soon as possible. All paints, especially lighter colors, are susceptible to discoloration due to airborne particles such as cooking, grilling, tobacco smoke, fireplaces, candles, etc. Prolonged exposure to natural or artificial light may alter the finish color; moisture may also discolor the finish.
If you would like more information on Cypress Design Co.’s Terms and Conditions, please contact us online by filling out our online request form.